Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fresh Baked Bread

Super excited this week to try baking my own bread! My mom doesn't use her bread maker, so she gave it to me, and I got a sourdough bread starter and recipe from my Aunt Kathy! All in one week! So I anticipate being obsessed with bread making for awhile.
Last night I made a loaf of French Bread in the bread maker (just the standard recipe from Sunbeam), and it looks amazing! I tried a tiny bite this morning, and cut slices of it for a panini for lunch! With ham, provolone cheese, and homemade basil pesto, yummy!
Yummy French Bread!
I will probably stop trying to make bread when starting after 8pm on a weeknight. Staying up til 1am for it to finish wasn't that fun.... I'm pretty excited to try the sourdough recipe this weekend! I've had the bread when Aunt Kathy makes it and it's always delicious! I think I'll be feeding the starter for the first time tomorrow morning, so that should be interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you! Due to spam, we'll approve comments as soon as possible!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...