What we wanted to do was add-
- Trim around the outside of the hole
- A 'cat' door
- Hanging storage for the litter scoop and a few bags
- A upholstered cushion on top
- Touch up the wood where it's been scratched
- Possible fix the hinge for the top (you can see that it's bent and destroyed)
So we still haven't done this, we've had some many project going on, it's been impossible to get anything done! It'll happen eventually, so I'll do another update then. Hopefully that update will include a few more fixes/upgrades!
Litter Box Extension
Litter Box Essentials
- Litter scoop- Hanging on a hook on the wall near the entrance
- Litter mat- Since the one we had goes up the walls of the chest, they kept falling over. So we added some garment snaps to keep it in place. Three snaps per side seems to hold pretty well.
- Plastic bags for used litter- Originally we thought about adding storage inside the chest to hold plastic bags, but we didn't want to crowd them too much. For now we store them in a small trashcan next to the litter chest, but I saw a Pinterest project for storing them that I'll have to try!